Before we understand the Construction let us first learn about What is Rubber Roller? Rubber rollers are rubber-coated metal pipes used in a variety of industrial applications including conveying, printing, lamination, and sealing.
Parts Included in Construction:
The two primary components of a solventless rubber roller are the base and the cover. It is also the primary structural component that is connected with the system of processing. The rubber cover on the other hand is the one that comes into touch with the loads. The components are further explained further down.
Roller Core is the stiff structural element that is able to support the load. It is generally made from high-strength materials like stainless steel, carbon steel alloy tool steel along with aluminum alloys. The design of the cores for rollers is based to the purpose for which they are designed. They are further broken down into various components.
Cores may be as simple as a tube that has installed bearings at each end, connected to a shaft or as extensive as a completely constructed body with welded end plates and a shaft (or journal). Bearings may be installed on the journals of each end to allow freedom of movement, or include an extended shaft that is fitted with key that allows that the wheel to be powered through the process. It can be further break into multiple components.
- Shaft : It is the part that connects the entire Roller to the motor or any other drive unit. It is usually robust in design with superior toughness as well as uniform toughness. It is constructed to resist stress from torsional and bending. The stresses that cause bending are caused by the radial forces exerted on the roller. While the torsional stress is caused by the torque produced by the rotating of the roller in order to transfer loads. The shaft may be connected with the unit through the use of keys and keyways or fixed screws, or machined flats or, in the case of a free-spinning roller the bearings are placed within a specific structure, such as a pillow block or housing.
- Cylinder: A cylinder is a hollow element that is usually shaped like a pipe or tube. The rubber lining is wrapped and glued in this area. The metal is thick enough to prevent deflection when a load is applied.
- Flange: The cylinder is connected to the shaft by the flange or end plate. Welding hold the shaft, cylinder, and flange together.
- Bearings: Bearings are used to lessen friction with moving and static components. The arrangement, mounting and the type of bearing may be different based on the model of the Roller.
Rubber Cover: The rubber lining forms the outer covering that is in contact with the process or load material. This is the part that experiences the most wear and tear, with the aim to protect the core of the roller as well as its surface. The type of rubber and the grade is determined by the type of roller being used.
The varieties of rubber that are recommended for delivering a given attribute are summarised here, though each is formula specific.
- For Hardness : SBR and FKM for high hardness (Shore A 60 to 95); NBR and PUR for a wider range (Shore A 10 to 95).
- Low-Temperature Toughness: NBR, CR, EPDM, Silicone
- Compression Set: NBR, Silicone, PUR and CR.
- Oil Resistance: NBR, CR, FKM.
- Tear Strength: SBR, PUR, XNBR, HNBR, CSM.
- Water Resistance: Halogenated Butyl, Silicone, EPDM, CSM.
- Thermal Resistance: SBR, EPDM, Silicone, FKM, CSM
- Abrasion Resistance: SBR, XNBR, HNBR, CSM, PUR, CSM.
- Solvent Resistance: For petroleum-based solvents, use NBR; for alcohol-based solvents, use CR, EPDM, Silicone, and Butyl; and for ketone and ester-based solvents, use CR, EPDM, CSM, and Butyl.
Why Choose Anar Rubber ?
Anar Rubber is the chief manufacturer and has the quality of a broad range of industrial Rubber Roller which is known for its high-quality performance as well as reliability. We, Anar Rub Tech Pvt Ltd., have been busy assembling, providing, and trading our high-quality modern rollers since our beginning in 1978. We create high-quality products under the strict supervision of experienced management and experts. With our many years of experience and knowledge in Rubber rollers, we are the ideal partner for your Rubber roller and Embossing Roller design services.